Ginew – FIELD COAT FACING EAST
1 099,00 €
New beginnings surround us…and we look within and to our teachings to hear the voices of inspiration that will guide us forward. Together, we are FACING EAST as we gaze upon what is next.
Artist Statement: “Our sun rises in the east. The Facing East blanket acknowledges ways that Lakota, and other Indigenous people, honor, and express gratitude for the gift of each new day. Embedded within this act of gratitude is a deep respect for, and appreciation of the many cycles and relationships that support life.” ~ Dyani White Hawk
Dyani White Hawk (Sičáŋǧu Lakota) is a visual artist based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. White Hawk, a 2019 United States Artists Fellow, has work among public collections such as the Museum of Modern Art, Walker Art Center, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts Museum.
- 100% cotton shell
- Detachable and reversible vest
- Hidden hood with drawcord
- 32 oz wool blanket Facing East vest lining on one side (82% wool, & 18% cotton)
- 100% cotton lining on the other side of the vest
- Brass snaps and zipper
- Leather patch
- “US Ginew” embroidery on left chest above pocket
- External pockets have hidden snaps
- Stencil included for personalizing space on right chest above pocket
Flat lay measurements – not circumference. 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters.
|Length||Chest||Bottom Opening||Shoulder Width||Sleeve Length|